Sumary of ‘Idyllic’ village with the ‘best scones in Sussex’ named one of the most scenic in the UK:
- Independent travel magazine The World and Then Some has named the most scenic towns around the capital.
- Located on the banks of the Cuckmere River, Alfriston is the perfect base for holidaymakers who want to explore the South Downs National Park.
- From Alfriston, Britons can walk along the South Downs Way and get beautiful views of the Seven Sisters.
- Magnificent’ loch named one of the UK’s Seven Natural WondersThe village’s 14th century church, St Andrew’s, is known as “the Cathedral of the South Downs” and is located on the Tye, the village green.
- DON’T MISSThis was the first property ever bought by the National Trust, and it only cost a tenner back in 1896.With a low thatched roof and timber-framed walls, the Clergy House is not to be missed when in Alfriston.
- On Tripadvisor, user tradesman121 said: “The National Trust at its very best!