Sumary of I'm an American who's been in the UK school system for 8 years — I'm still confused about it all:
- Everything has a different meaning: Public schools aren’t free.
- Because the curriculum is so different, I feel like I’m back in school as well.
- Getting to grips with the educational system here has been a particular challenge: The buttoned-up English-style uniforms and boarding schools couldn’t feel more different from my super-liberal New York City school experience.
- Public schools aren’t free, and college isn’t higher educationIt doesn’t help that the vocabulary here is the same, but the meaning of words is so different.
- Here, they’re typically the oldest, priciest, and most posh boarding schools in the country.
- It’s the fanciest kind of private school you can get, and it usually has a boarding-school component.