Sumary of ‘It’s going to happen’: Brexit means six-hour wait for Britons arriving at amber countries:
- The increased time in the airport is due to both COVID-19 checks and Brexit.
- On the UK side, passengers have to go through COVID-19 related checks performed both by UK border staff and the airline before travelling.
- DON’T MISS When arriving at their destination, Britons will find long queues for different checks depending on the country’s COVID-19 test requirements and passport control.
- Transport Secretary Grant Shapps commented on the matter.
- At the moment, UK travellers arriving from a green list destination must present proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, a passenger locator form and pay for two PCR tests.