Sumary of Lateral flow tests to replace PCRs for vaccinated travellers in time for half-term:
- Fully-vaccinated travellers arriving in England will be able to take cheaper and quicker lateral flow tests from 24 October instead of the PCR tests previously required.
- Passengers must upload a photo of their test and booking reference supplied by the private provider to verify results as soon as possible, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said.
- They will also be able to order lateral flow tests from private testing providers – of which an approved list will go live on the gov.
- Eligible travellers will be able to book to have a lateral flow test upon arrival into the UK, which can be done at testing centres located in some airports, DHSC said.
- Anyone who gets a positive lateral flow result will still be required to self-isolate and take a confirmatory PCR test.
- “Lateral flow tests will be available later this month for those returning from half-term holidays.