Sumary of Liverpool’s John Lennon Airport gets ‘state-of-the-art’ Covid testing facility:
- A new “state-of-the-art” Covid testing laboratory has opened at Liverpool’s John Lennon airport.
- The onsite laboratory offers passengers a “Fit to Fly” testing service with a three-hour turnaround, in addition to standard 24-hour testing.
- In a statement, airport commercial director Lucy O’Shaughnessy said: “Liverpool John Lennon airport can now provide our airline passengers with a state-of-the-art Covid testing facility on site as we start to resume our flight schedules and have more passengers flying again.
- “Working in partnership with Test Assurance Group/Salutaris People and Source BioScience enables us to offer a convenient and efficient PCR testing service operated by trusted healthcare providers.
- ”The news comes as bosses from Gatwick and Heathrow Airports call on the government to scrap testing for double vaccinated travellers.
- “With vaccination rates across Europe comparable, if not better than the UK’s, the time has come for testing to be removed altogether for travellers who have been double jabbed,” he said in a statement.