Sumary of Must I wear a mask on public transport and planes?:
- But many transport operators continue to have their own policies for passengers, with Transport for London insisting on face coverings on all its services.
- But if I was on the West Coast main line going up to my constituency [Bromsgrove in the West Midlands] and it’s late at night and there’s about three people in the carriage, even if it said, ‘We recommend a mask,’ I wouldn’t wear a mask.
- The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has asked Transport for London – for which he is ultimately responsible – to keep the mask rule in place.
- “I’m not prepared to stand by and put Londoners, and our city’s recovery, at risk,” he said.
- Face coverings will be continue to be compulsory on all Transport for London services, including the Tube, Docklands Light Railway, buses, trams and the London Overground – the suburban rail service.
- On this route, masks will be optional on GWR trains but compulsory for London Overground services.