Sumary of NHS Covid app crash: What’s the problem and will it affect my travels?:
- The NHS website and app were both down for part of Wednesday afternoon, with users unable to access their digital NHS Covid Passes.
- The app can also store negative test results, which are needed for most international trips at present.
- NHS Digital has confirmed that the app was out of action for around three and a half hours on 13 October, citing “a technical issue with a global service provider”.
- “The NHS COVID Pass service was temporarily unavailable between 11:45 and 15:15 today as a result of a technical issue with a global service provider that affected many different organisations,” said a spokesperson.
- “Following an urgent investigation, this has been fixed and COVID Passes are available both via the NHS App and online.
- Some travellers reported being unable to access their Covid vaccine certificates at the airport, where many airlines and destinations require you to show proof of vaccination.