Sumary of Royal Albert Hall Celebrates 150th Anniversary By Reopening With Full Capacity Crowd:
- A Circle of Sound, a ten-chapter special anniversary commission by renowned composer David Arnold (James Bond films, Independence Day, Little Britain, Sherlock) was performed last night to celebrate every aspect of Royal Albert Hall including music, dance, sport and science.
- Royal Albert Hall has showcased the most famous classical, pop and rock musicians, including Wagner, Dvorak, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and ABBA, as well as sumo wrestling competitions, boxing and tennis tournaments.
- Each of the ten parts of David Arnold’s concert was introduced by a special guests on themes including legendary musical performance, sports and science – with appearances from Melanie C, Michael Sheen, Nicola Adams, Brian Cox, Claudia Winkleman, Jess Gillam, Sanjeev Bhaskar, Charles Dance, LionHeart, Jemma Redgrave and Helen Pankhurst.
- The introductions were crafted by notable British writers, including Neil Gaiman, Jack Thorne and Joe Penhall.
- ” American professional boxer Muhammad Ali in action at the Royal Albert Hall, London, UK, 21st .
- [+] October 1971. Getty Images Flyweight Nicola Adams, the first female boxer to fight at the Hall, introduced the sports segment, marking the thousands of sporting events the Hall has seen, including being the home of British boxing for over 100 years.