Sumary of Ryanair Boss Micheal O’Leary Urges Further Relaxation Of Overseas Travel Curbs:
- Wikimedia Ryanair boss Micheal O’Leary has further increased the pressure on the UK transport secretary Grant Shapps to open up more destinations for international travel..
- His outburst comes ahead of the next review of the government traffic light system expected this Thursday, June 3, scheduled to come into force on June 7..
- The low-cost carrier chief also urged Shapps to abolish travel restrictions for everyone who has been fully vaccinated..
- — — Ryanair also wants the government to scrap the current requirement to present a negative PCR test when returning from EU green countries, which they believe adds unnecessary cost and stress to UK citizens despite returning from low-risk EU destinations..
- “The UK government must scrap the nonsensical requirement of PCR tests for those returning from low-risk (green) countries..
- There is no point in setting up a traffic light system if ‘green’ still requires additional measures that significantly add to the cost of a family trip….