Sumary of Simon Calder’s expert travel tips and advice for your 2021 holiday:
- Jab journeysQ: The government announcement about arrivals from “amber list” countries being able to follow “green list” rules and avoid quarantine mentions vaccinated Britons.
- Does this include British citizens vaccinated outside of the UK?What about vaccinated people who live in amber list countries: will their vaccines be recognised if they seek to visit the UK on tourism or business?
- And what about expatriates who have received the Sinopharm vaccine?
- Ibrahim1994A: Anyone who lives in the UK and has been vaccinated by the NHS – or who is on a “formally approved UK vaccine clinical trial” – will not need to quarantine if they arrive from an amber list country.
- The qualification is not nationality, but where the vaccines were administered.
- It can verify vaccination status with the NHS data base but cannot access those of other countries.