Sumary of Staycation holiday: A day out with Peppa Pig at a New Forest theme park:
- Thrills and spills: Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park, which Guy Adams says is ‘officially world-class’ Paultons Park has been voted the sixth best theme park in Europe for five years running.
- In fact, one lesser-known outpost is officially world-class.
- The attraction is called Paultons Park — and having devoted two days to road-testing all its rides (some several times), I am happy to join the league of converts.
- True, you can’t escape the piped music, and a venue whose principal attractions include Peppa Pig World will never be judged educational.
- Paultons Park covers 140 acres on the site of a stately home that burned down just after the War.
- Its five ‘zones’ include the prehistoric-themed Lost Kingdom and Peppa Pig World, with 21 attractions based on the children’s TV cartoon.