Sumary of The 5 best UK cities to be an Airbnb host:
- The study of just 27 major British cities analysed data from AirDNA and ONS to find which UK city offers the best combination of low property prices and high revenue from renting out via Airbnb.
- Swansea came in second, with an average of £1,100 in Airbnb revenue taking 10 years to pay off the city’s median property price, which is £143,500. In addition a high occupancy rate of 62% over the past 12 months makes the popular Welsh beach city highly cost effective for hosts.
- During the pandemic there has been a sharp rise in the interest in staycations instead of overseas holidays.
- Research in 2020 found that 42.7% of people would rather enjoy a staycation compared to 24.7% of people voting to go abroad.
- Out of the 27 cities in the analysis, 18 have a median house price below £250,000. Stoke-On-Trent was the third most profitable city to be an Airbnb host.
- Commenting on the study, a spokesperson for RationalFX said: “The demand for staycations has risen dramatically in the last year amid the pandemic, showing that the private holiday rental business is an area of interest for investment.