Sumary of The best meditation and mindfulness retreats in the UK:
- Nothing beats immersing yourself in a residential retreat though, and whether you’re interested in delving into the millennia-old wisdom of Buddhist teaching or prefer a strictly secular approach, there is a range of options available to you..
- Though schedules are regularly changing in line with the shifting restrictions around Covid-19, the retreats listed here are planning to restart in-person courses in 2021..
- Sharpham House The exquisitely manicured gardens of Capability Brown form a suitably relaxing backdrop for meditation retreats at Sharpham House, an elegant 18th century estate in rural Devon..
- For a more immersive wellness retreat, five-night residential courses are on offer which bring together classes in mindful moving, creative writing, guided meditation and woodland walks into a holistic retreat which rejuvenates body and mind..
- Recommended The Zest Life The Zest Life offers three-day retreats at the rustic Plas Cadnant estate in the east of Anglesey, with the daily schedule divided between meditation, yoga, massage and guided walks in the countryside..
- Rivendell Retreat Centre If you’re interested in discovering more about the Buddhist origins of mindfulness meditation, a retreat at Sussex Rivendell Centre might be for you..
- The centre is run by the Triratna Buddhist community, which stresses that the retreats are open to those of all faiths and none;.
- More advanced week-long courses are on offer for those comfortable with long sessions of sitting meditation and periods of silent retreat….