Sumary of Tips for getting the best travel insurance and medical cover right now:
- As essential as a passport, suitcase and sunscreen, travel insurance has always been a non-negotiable travel companion.
- “It is essential that they purchase their travel insurance at the time of booking to ensure they fully covered ahead of their trip as well as whilst they’re away.
- They also recommend keeping the Health and Medical ID sections on Apple and Android phones up to date with information.
- 3. Get a GHIC cardAnyone travelling in the EU should also register for a free Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which provides access to state healthcare.
- you’ll still need cover for any private medical healthcare or costs, such as being flown back to the UK if you are seriously ill or mountain rescue in ski resorts.