Sumary of Top 10 museum renovations and reopenings in England for 2021:
- The museum houses 30,000 exhibits, including a seven-tonne Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engine suspended from the ceiling of the new Civic Hall;.
- The museum holds more than 48,000 items of historical medical equipment, including Prince Albert medicine chest and Hitler blood transfusion set..
- thackraymuseum.co.uk Imperial War Museum, London Concept image of the V-1 flying bomb in a room at the museum IWM London invested £30.5m in its new second world war and Holocaust galleries, which span two floors, with a 783kg V-1 flying bomb suspended between them..
- He wrote many of his best-known poems here, including I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud – inspired by Dorothy Grasmere Journal..
- wordsworth.org.uk The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery, Staffordshire The inventor of the Spitfire, Reginald Mitchell, was born in Staffordshire, and Spitfire RW388 was presented to Stoke-on-Trent by the RAF in his honour in 1972..
- The Grade I-listed almshouses have been renovated to create 80% more space for exhibitions and events, with a new entrance opposite Hoxton station..
- the Rooms Through Time have been refreshed and two rooms added, a Victorian room and a 1970s African-Caribbean family room;.
- Planned reopening 21 June, cravendc.gov.uk Manchester Jewish Museum New extension (left) to the Manchester Jewish Museum….