Sumary of Trains between London and Northampton cancelled this weekend due to ‘pingdemic’:
- London Northwestern Railway is cancelling trains this weekend due to staff being “pinged”.
- The train operator, which runs trains between London and cities including Birmingham and Liverpool, said the axed trains are due to “Covid-19 and the ongoing impact of ‘Test and Trace’ notifications causing trains to be cancelled at short notice”.
- The cancellations affect services between Northampton and London, and the Abbey and Marston Vale lines in Bedfordshire, from this Saturday.
- Lawrence Bowman, London Northwestern Railway’s customer experience director, said that nobody wanted “to see trains being cancelled, particularly at short notice”.
- He added: “But we are experiencing more of this, across all our services, as increasing numbers of staff are getting ‘pinged’ by the Test and Trace app.
- We are sorry that we have had to make the decision to alter some services.