Sumary of Travel businesses reluctant to renew ATOL licences:
- Travel businesses that are due to renew their ATOL this month are being urged to submit their renewal applications well before September 30th to avoid a delay to processing.
- While the Civil Aviation Authority said it understands the issues the travel industry is facing, it has a duty to protect consumers and make sure that it has complete and accurate financial information before processing a renewal.
- As the responsible regulator and in line with the previous renewal period, this includes asking for readily available additional information to provide an up-to-date picture of businesses’ financial position.
- Without this information there may be a delay in the renewal process.
- While there has been speculation over recent weeks, any conditions placed on licences during the renewal period are reflective of the current licensing framework and the financial information provided.
- Michael Budge, head of ATOL licensing at the UK Civil Aviation Authority, said: “We would like to thank travel companies that have already submitted their application and supporting information for renewal in good time, as well as engaging with us throughout the process.