Sumary of Travel Industry Bodies Plan Day Of Action For The Safe Return Of International Travel:
- Shutterstock Trade bodies from across the aviation and travel industries have announced plans for a travel industry day of action on June 23 in a bid to put pressure on the UK government to support a safe return to international travel in time for the peak summer period..
- The #traveldayofaction is being led by Abta, Airlines UK, the Airport Operators Association, BAR UK, UKinbound, the Business Travel Association, Advantage Travel Partnership, The Travel Network Group, and the other 11 members of the Save Future Travel Coalition..
- — — The bodies are calling on all corners of the travel industry – every airline, airport, tour operator, travel agent, supplier and partner – to get involved and support the activities of the day..
- Demands include allowing international travel to return safely and in a risk-managed way by properly implementing the Global Travel Taskforce plan..
- The event is intended to generate and attract national media attention and will also seek to gain traction on social media..
- The day of action will take place on June 23, just ahead of when the government is expected to discuss and decide on the next steps for international travel..
- On June 28, the government will review both the traffic light list and the requirements, measures and systems in place for international travel..
- Activity ahead of the day will include Abta chief executive Mark Tanzer appearance at the Treasury Select Committee from 3.30-5.30pm on Monday June 7, and the parliamentary debate on Thursday June 10, which will look at support for the aviation, travel and tourism industries….