Sumary of UK mulls dropping day 2 PCR test for green list arrivals:
- The government will consider dropping the requirement for travellers returning to the UK from green list countries to take a PCR test within two days of arrival – but only if the move is backed by science..
- Transport secretary Grant Shapps said the current rules would be reassessed in the 28 June review of the current travel traffic light system..
- for travellers who have received both doses of the Covid vaccine, he added that the data would have to show limited risk of virus transmission from those already inoculated, reports The Telegraph..
- According to Shapps, vaccinated travellers appear to have an 85 per cent chance of being fully protected against catching the virus..
- he said, during a transport webinar hosted by think tank Policy Exchange, of the current requirement to take a PCR test for travellers who have received both jabs and returned to the UK from a destination on the government green list of “safe”…