Sumary of What to pack to stay safe from coronavirus on holiday:
- Hand sanitiserCleaning hands regularly is one of the best ways to protect yourself from coronavirus (istock)Hand sanitiser is now the accessory de rigueur for anyone concerned about their health and the wellbeing of those around them.
- Travel insuranceEven before the Covid-19 pandemic hit, comprehensive travel insurance is probably the most important item for any traveller after their passport and bank cards.
- Many insurance companies won’t cover coronavirus-related claims, however, and the ones that do may be more expensive and restrictive than you’re used to.
- It’s also worth remembering that British travellers can apply for a free UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which lets you get state healthcare in Europe at a reduced cost or sometimes for free.
- Face masksEnsure you research the rules and regulations of your destination before travel (istock)Face masks remain mandatory on flights and in many countries around the world, so don’t make the mistake of dismissing them as an optional extra.
- Bank cards, not cashIn the UK, many shops, bars and restaurants are only accepting contactless card payments in an effort to minimise contact between people.