Sumary of A beachgoer’s guide to the southernmost South Jersey Shore:
- By Amanda Loudin, Spencer Platt Getty Images Visitors walk and ride along the boardwalk in Wildwood, N.
- ”Visitors from the south can get to Cape May by hopping on board the Cape May-Lewes Ferry in Delaware.
- It’s stretched out over several blocks, and you’ll find mid-century architecture, complete with all the neon signs, bright colors and plastic palm trees that entails.
- Unique feature: Morey’s Piers and Water Parks draws visitors from up and down the shore.
- The opportunity for Hollywood-style stargazing speaks volumes about the area’s transformation.
- Fran Chadwick and her family bought a vacation home at the northern end of Avalon in 2008. Both she and her husband were regular visitors during their childhoods and young adulthoods.