Sumary of TAT keen to draw top names to celebration:
- TAT keen to draw top names to celebration Lalisa, Bocelli targets for concert event published : 13 Oct 2021 at 05:00 The ambiance at the Amazing Thailand Countdown 2018 held in Phuket.
- (Photo: Achadtaya Chuenniran) The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) wants to mark the country’s grand reopening by inviting Lalisa and Andrea Bocelli to perform in a countdown celebration event this year.
- The idea is to increase tourism confidence and put the country back in the global spotlight after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha announced most of the country plans to reopen to vaccinated foreigners without a quarantine in November.
- Federation of Thai Industries chairman Supant Mongkolsuthree previously mentioned Thailand should invite Lalisa “Lisa” Monaban to be a tourism ambassador by starting a discussion with her label in South Korea.
- Putting together such an event would depend on discussion with YG Entertainment, Lalisa’s agency, and her brand sponsors in Thailand, he said.
- He said feedback from the Phuket sandbox the past few months saw visitors from every market complain that the complicated COE application process is a major obstacle to visiting Thailand.