Sumary of 15 of your urgent Covid data travel questions answered by expert Tim White:
- Ahead of the next traffic light travel announcements Covid data expert Tim White has been analysing the latest information from genomic sequencing records held by Gisaid, the worldwide database, with a focus on variants of concern.
- He then spent time answering your most urgent queries when it comes to plans to travel abroad during an ‘ask me anything’ event, which ranged from questions about holidaying in Thailand to concerns about getting married in Greece.
- we are due to fly there on Sunday for our honeymoon but will need to postpone if its travel status doesn’t change.
- With no indoor bars or restaurants in resorts, I rate it as the safest Covid-19 destination on the planet!
- The deciding factor though could be that Egypt is another country not to upload data to GISAID, so they have not been able to prove the country is free of variant strains of Covid19/Coronavirus.
- Grenada’s infection rate is higher than Montenegro was when it was red listed 3 weeks ago while the island is another which has not done any genomic testing, or at least not shared it with the international collective.