Sumary of Breaking Travel News investigates: Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk:
- The pyramid-shaped Hotel Raffles Dubai is also just a short walk away, forming the other half of an Egyptian-themed lifestyle destination at the heart of the city.
- Inside, the sense of scale endures, with guests entering through the magnificent doors of a grand Pylon, the colossal gateway of an Egyptian temple.
- As an enchanting journey of Franco-Egyptian sophistication begins, design inspirations from both countries are carefully weaved, creating a stunning symbiosis.
- The statues of Horus, god of the sky in ancient Egyptian, are located on each side of the entrance fountain and guard the impressive golden gate of Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk.
- With two sets of three statues depicting Anubis, one of the oldest and most famous represented deities in ancient Egypt and an artistic ceramic flooring showcasing the Nile river, guests are guided into timeless serenity.
- Uraeus (cobras) featured on the golden main doors represent the head ornaments worn by pharaohs in ancient Egypt for protection and were designed to shield guests from the evil eye and welcome them to a royal sanctuary.