Sumary of Green list news: Portugal drops to amber and seven countries including Egypt added to red list:
- Portugal is being moved from the UK green travel list to amber, as transport secretary Grant Shapps raised concerns of a new coronavirus mutation and rising cases..
- Arrivals from the holiday hot spot, including Madeira and the Azores, will be required to self-isolate at home for 10 days, following an update of the government “traffic light”.
- No countries were added to the green list, despite speculation that some Spanish and Greek islands, plus Malta, would be added..
- But Sri Lanka, Egypt and five other countries will be added to the red list, requiring isolation in a government-approved hotel, it was announced on Thursday afternoon..
- Mr Shapps said the UK first priority was domestic unlocking, urging holidaymakers to have “a little bit of patience”..
- We’re expecting the green list to be reshuffled at some point today, and there are plenty of predictions for what might be on it:.
- 1622704862 Travellers should exercise ‘common sense’ when travelling internationally The public should “exercise their common sense”.
- “We then have the amber list which we very much ask people not to travel to unless there are very particular, very dire consequences they’re having to deal with, such as a dying relative, and then the green list….