Sumary of How the world’s largest observation wheel was built:
- Ain Dubai, the giant observation wheel that has been taking shape on the city’s Bluewaters Island development for more than six years, will open on October 21, 2021, thus becoming the world’s largest observation wheel.
- Dubai is also home to the world’s tallest tower (the Burj Khalifa), the highest restaurant in the world, the world’s highest infinity pool, the world’s largest fountain show, the world’s fastest roller coaster, the world’s largest indoor theme park and.
- The maximum jacking force required to erect the wheel was 2,500 tonnes.
- If the 192 spokes that hold the wheel in place, which are each made of 107 separate 9mm-thick wires, were placed together end-on-end, they would stretch from Dubai to Cairo.
- “The forces each of those cables has got is 300 tonnes of load at their peak.
- A bespoke jacking system then pushed each rim segment 100 meters into the air, where they were attached to the spindle, rotated, and another segment was attached.