Sumary of South Africa nominated in various categories at 2021 World Travel Awards:
- Last year, the Maldives cemented its reputation as the definitive secluded sanctuary to win World Leading Destination for the first time..
- Portugal also performed strongly, with Madeira voted World Leading Island Destination, Lisbon named World Leading City Break Destination and The Algarve picking up World Leading Beach Destination..
- SA nominated at the 2021 World Travel Awards Now, Table Mountain, Robben Island and the V&A Waterfront have been nominated among the likes of Tanzania Mount Kilimanjaro and the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt..
- South Africa also bagged nominations in the Leading Airport category, Leading Tourist Attraction, Leading Cruise Port, Leading Beach Destination, Leading City Destination among many more..
- Travel professionals, the media and consumers are invited to vote for their favourite travel brands after voting opened across all regions worldwide for its 28th annual programme..
- “Categories cover the entire spectrum of the travel and tourism industry, and range from hotels, resorts and destinations to airlines and tour operators,”.
- The nominee in each category that receives the most votes will be announced as the 2021 World Travel Awards winner.”.
- Currently celebrating its 28th anniversary, the World Travel Awards was established in 1993 to acknowledge excellence across all sectors of the tourism industry..
- WTA launches #Together initiative With the reopening of international borders on the horizon and the global vaccine rollout gathering pace, the World Travel Awards also launched its #Together initiative with the aim of galvanising the recovery efforts of the global travel and tourism economy…