Sumary of Europe To Remove The U.S. From The ‘Safe Travel’ List:
- AFP via Getty Images American travelers in Europe will soon face additional Covid-related restrictions such as quarantine and testing requirements.
- The European Union has already begun the procedure to remove the United States and five other countries from its “safe travel” list, reports Reuters.
- The other countries on the chopping block include Israel, Kosovo, Lebanon, Montenegro, and North Macedonia.
- U.’s so-called “safe travel” list includes countries outside the 27-member block that are considered safe amid the Coronavirus pandemic due to the low rates of infections.
- The threshold for being on the “safe travel” list is having fewer than 75 new Covid-19 cases daily per 100,000 inhabitants over the previous 14 days.
- That was the case for the U.S. when it was added to the list of safe countries in mid-June, At that time, the vaccination rollout was well underway in the United States, and the number of new daily Covid cases was declining.