Sumary of It’s Official: E.U. Recommends Travel Ban For American Tourists:
- getty As expected, the European Union recommended today that its 27 member nations reinstate travel restrictions for American tourists because of rising coronavirus infections in the United States.
- The European Council has decided to remove the U.S. from its ‘safe list’ of countries for nonessential travel.
- This is a reversal from its June decision to recommend lifting restrictions on American travelers just as the summer tourism season kicked off.
- Travelers should expect a messy patchwork of different rules and regulations across the continent, much like they encounter a mishmash of non-uniform rules and regulations across the U.S. Despite the E.
- Unvaccinated U.S. travelers will likely be faced with rigorous restrictions including frequent testing and quarantines upon entry, if they are allowed to enter at all.
- U.’s safe travel list today: Israel, Kosovo, Lebanon, Montenegro and North Macedonia.