Sumary of The Boeing 707 in the West Bank that’s been converted into a restaurant:
- But just outside the northern city of Nablus, Khamis al-Sairafi and brother Ata are offering people the next best thing.
- Now they see an airplane and it is something for them,’ said Khamis al-Sairafi.
- After a quarter of a century of effort, the brothers opened The Palestinian-Jordanian Airline Restaurant and Coffee Shop al-Sairafi on July 21.Families, friends and couples turned up for drinks in the cafe situated below the body of the plane.
- The eaterie – called the Palestinian-Jordanian Airline Restaurant and Coffee Shop al-Sairafi – opened on July 21Customers said they were motivated to visit after seeing pictures of the renovated plane circulating online.
- The plane has been transformed into an eaterie by twin brothers Khamis al-Sairafi and brother AtaThe 60-year-old identically dressed twins’ dream of transforming the plane into a cafe and restaurant was born in the late 1990s when Khamis saw the derelict Boeing aircraft near the northern Israeli city of Safed.
- It was later bought by three Israeli business partners who dreamed of turning it into a restaurant, but the project was abandoned following disagreements with local authorities, the station said.