Sumary of Voila! New entry gate in the pipelines for Kruger National Park:
- The world-renowned Kruger National Park, which is larger than the state of Israel, offers a wildlife experience that is ranked one of the best on the African continent.
- The Kruger has always welcomed visitors from both South Africa and abroad.
- Limpopo’s MEC for Economic Development, Environment and Tourism, Thabo Mokone, told Pretoria News that the Kruger Park is due to get a new entry gate as well as an activity centre next year.
- KRUGER’S NEW ENTRY GATE The new entrance, which is named the Shangoni gate, will be situated between the towns Giyani and Malamulele.
- We have agreed that we are going to start engagement with the Collins Chabane local municipality and Giyani local municipality to resolve this matter as soon as possible so that we can complete this project by the end of next year, “ Mokone said.
- CATERING TO LOCAL VISITORS While the Kruger National Park already has several entry gates, most of these do not have on-site recreational facilities or activity hubs for visitors, which results in visitors having to travel to the rest camps inside the park in order to access facilities such as restaurants, shops and organized game drives.