Sumary of Here’s your October day trip guide to spooky Salem:
- A woman dressed as a witch on Essex Street in Salem in 2014. John Blanding / The Boston Globe If you’re looking for a festive, seasonally appropriate day trip this month, you’d be hard-pressed to find a New England destination that celebrates Halloween as thoroughly as Salem.
- Located 16 miles north of Boston, Salem typically welcomes more than half a million visitors during October for its monthlong Haunted Happenings, according to Kate Fox, director of Destination Salem, the city’s office of tourism and cultural affairs.
- Salem was just named among the best places to travel worldwide in October by Conde Nast Traveler.
- “What a privilege to be a destination that is beloved,” Fox said.
- “Salem Haunted Happenings’ popularity has withstood the test of the pandemic,” she said.
- ” : This map of downtown Salem, along with the following recommendations from Fox, will help you plan your adventure in Witch City.