Sumary of Southwest Airlines canceled her entire family’s flights and they missed her wedding day:
- The couple flew to Las Vegas for their weekend wedding on Wednesday, October 6, and didn’t have any issues.
- But it wasn’t until Saturday morning, the day before the wedding, that the couple became concerned Romano’s parents wouldn’t make it.
- He called to tell the couple his flight had been canceled, and he didn’t know what was going on because he was still on hold with customer service.
- “Southwest said a number of issues caused the weekend cancellations, including bad weather and a brief problem at the Air Traffic Control center in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Those problems caused minimal disruptions at other airlines, and Southwest admitted to employees Monday that things cascaded out of control because it lacks adequate staffing.
- Two years of planning, one venue changeRomano and Hlavaty got engaged October 2019. The couple started planning right away for an October 2021 wedding, and it was originally supposed to be near Chicago.