Sumary of Red list holiday destinations that could see quarantine rule scrapped this week:
- The next travel review is due to be announced on Wednesday or Thursday this week.
- However, it is believed the red list of countries will stay in place, with travellers still required to quarantine in hotels on return to the UK.Travel expert Simon Calder said on social media: “Leaks [and] rumours abound on possible changes to the ‘traffic light’ system.
- “We expect the usual spin of the ‘red/amber/green’ holiday roulette wheel next Wednesday.
- Turkey is also expected to join the amber list, which will mean fully-vaccinated Britons will be able to go on holiday from next month without having to quarantine on return.
- Simon Calder commented: “At the moment we’re in this bizarre position where the UK has the highest infection rate of any major European nations and it also has the highest barriers to entry for people coming in.