Sumary of Abu Dhabi: What are the new lockdown rules and can I travel to the city?:
- Abu Dhabi welcomed a record-breaking 11.35 million international visitors in 2019.
- But, just like the rest of the world, the Emirate’s numbers have taken a nose dive during the pandemic, with travel bans, lockdowns and border closures ensuring travellers globally largely stayed put.
- The capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is currently on the UK’s red list, largely due to its status as an international aviation hub, which means travellers arriving from there face the toughest restrictions.
- Meanwhile, Abu Dhabi is about to introduce its own partial lockdown to combat growing Covid infection rates.
- There is no legal barrier in either the UK or Abu Dhabi preventing Brits travelling there for any reason.
- Visitors from the UK are allowed into Abu Dhabi for any purpose, but they must submit to strict entry requirements.