Sumary of Barbados: The destination for sea, shells and sanctuary:
- Bajan beauty: discover a cultural history as rich as the landscape.
- We follow the curves of the island’s ‘platinum’ west coast, so-called for its glitzy resorts, glamorous restaurants and celebrity guests.
- We are heading for historic Carlisle Bay, a natural crescent-shaped harbour that was once full of merchant shipping vessels, particularly those of the British.
- Thrilled with our discoveries in the deep, chatter between the tourists on board the Silver Moon Catamaran cruise is animated, as we share a spicy Bajan buffet while sailing back to shore for the 9pm Covid curfew.
- Eating out is all part of the island experience and Barbados’s dining scene ranges from trendy rooftop restaurants to beachside eateries serving traditional Bajan dishes.
- Champers, overlooking Rockley Beach, is a lively haunt famous for island produce, while Tapas, on the Richard Haynes south coast boardwalk, is loved by locals.