Sumary of I travelled through four regions of the world – here’s how differently they dealt with Covid restrictions:
- I’d applied for the Barbados Welcome Stamp, a 12-month digital nomad visa released by the Caribbean island last year..
- International travel for leisure hasn’t been a thing in Hong Kong since the city closed its borders to non-residents and implemented a compulsory quarantine to all inbound travellers in March 2020, and so getting a Covid test for travel was an alien concept..
- London, December 2020 When I arrived in the UK, it hadn’t yet implemented rules for arrivals to enter with a negative Covid test:.
- Fully vaccinated travellers will be quarantined while awaiting results to their Covid test taken on arrival – a period that around 24 to 48 hours..
- I landed on a Monday, got my test on a Tuesday at a government facility, and was cleared to leave quarantine by Thursday evening..
- Friends who happened to be in town at the same time told me that they were able to spend less time in quarantine by getting tested with a private doctor, rather than at a government facility..
- I also know that some properties allowed quarantined guests to use some of the shared facilities inside the hotel, such as the pool..
- In January 2021, Love Island star Zara Holland was arrested and appeared in court in Barbados after breaching quarantine rules….