Sumary of Sandals picks up on late booking trend:
- Caribbean holiday specialist Sandals has reported that over a third of its business for 2020 departures is now just late bookings, driven by the government travel corridors..
- According to data from Unique Caribbean Holidays, the UK tour operator for Sandals and Beaches Resorts, 35 per cent reservations made in an eight-week period to October 20th were within three months of the booking date..
- “With travel corridors in place to some of our key destinations including St, Lucia, Antigua, Grenada and Barbados, customers are booking last minute holidays to get away before any further travel restrictions or lockdowns might be imposed..
- “Getting a PCR test before travelling is fast becoming the norm and many people see this as a small price to pay to be able to go on holiday with their loved one and enjoy some happy, quality time together in the sunshine.”.
- Unique Caribbean Holidays also reported an increase in duration of 2020 trips by 16 per cent compared to the previous year, a sign that holidaymakers are determined to make the most of their time overseas when they can travel…