Sumary of Discover the delights of Belize:
- Inland to the west discover dense jungles secreting precious clusters of Mayan ruins, while to the east the stunning Caribbean shoreline is dotted with hundreds of sea-level islands, teeming with marine life.
- Only ten percent of the 400+ cayes off Belize are inhabited, meaning that discovery by yacht enables you to live out a new desert island fantasy every day!
- The diverse mix of cultures, languages and ethnic groups together with the many festivals and events celebrated in San Pedro create a truly inviting atmosphere on this lively caye.
- Offering explorers the chance for an epic wall dive achieving tremendous depths, the crystal clear waters offer superb visibility to watch hordes of protected marine life, such as loggerhead turtles, rays, barracuda and eels swimming amidst the spectacular coral growth.
- Crescent-shaped, the caye is divided into two ecosystems, on the western side dense vegetation thrives on the rich soil, while to the east the coconut palms flourish.
- At 15m divers see the water shimmer as they pass the invisible halocline dividing the salt and freshwater, then 40m down are underwater stalactites, the largest ever discovered.