Sumary of The 25 Top World Destinations To Visit In 2022 According To National Geographic:
- Guests enjoy the highest Via Ferrata in North America at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, at 12,999 feet, in .
- Photo: Ian Zinner, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area Profiling inspiring places, communities and experiences around the world, the new list of “Best of the World 2022” travel destinations from National Geographic celebrates the new, the different and the influential as the pandemic transforms how travelers see the world and what they value most.
- Along with saving some of the most biodiverse forests in the world, the new protected area — which is contiguous with the neighboring Rio Bravo Conservation Management Area — closes a huge gap in a vital wildlife corridor that runs from southeast Mexico through Guatemala and into Belize.
- Local families, nonprofits, and a network of micro-entrepreneurs such as Ecomiel honey producers, the woman-owned Finca El Casquillo organic farm and La Cabaña sustainable coffee micro-mill, provide most of the trail’s lodging, food, tours, and other hiker amenities.
- Arapahoe Basin, Colorado: One must climb the Rockies, North America’s highest via ferrata, for unparalleled views of the Continental Divide.
- Arapahoe Basin’s “iron way”— a climbing route comprising metal rungs and cables — begins at the base of granite Rocky Mountain cliffs and ascends nearly 1,200 feet to a 13,000-foot summit.