Sumary of Iohan Gueorguiev, ‘Bike Wanderer’ of the Wilderness, Dies at 33:
- the sun still illuminates the landscape, which is empty except for a few trees clinging to snow-covered hills.
- Mr. Gueorguiev (generally pronounced gyor-ghee-ev) died on Aug.
- 19 in Cranbrook, British Columbia, where he had been using the home of friends as a base for travel during the pandemic.
- He was a star in the world of “bikepacking,” long-distance bike travel conducted off main roads.
- Mr. Gueorguiev occasionally flew back to Canada to earn money planting trees, he said.
- “The biggest realization so far is how many people are out here and having the time of their lives,” he said in a video compiling highlights of his second year of travel.