Sumary of Singapore’s ‘vaccinated travel lanes’ spark a surge in flight searches, says Expedia:
- Singapore’s new “vaccinated travel lanes” sparked a flurry of flight inquiries as residents of the city-state seek to take advantage of easing international travel measures.
- It came after government officials announced the opening of new quarantine-free travel lanes to countries in Europe, North America and Asia.
- Easing international travelLast week, Singapore announced quarantine-free travel with Canada, Denmark, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, the U.K. and the U.S. starting Oct.
- 15. Among the conditions are that travelers must be vaccinated and must take Covid-19 tests to ensure they are not infected before entry into the country.
- Following the news, search interest among Singapore residents increased, week-on-week to:Seoul, South Korea — 180%Vancouver, Canada — 160%Frankfurt, Germany — 130%London, United Kingdom — 120%Los Angeles, United States — 80%Expedia’s managing director for Asia said the searches mark a shift in consumer demand for international travel.
- 7, 2020.Roslan Rahman | AFP | Getty Images”The VTLs have definitely had an impact in terms of how people think about travel, where they’re looking to travel, and how they plan their travel,” Choo Pin Ang told CNBC’s “Capital Connection” Tuesday.