Sumary of The 5 best airports for a long layover:
- Airports are busy, noisy, take forever to get around, and you have to arrive hours before your flight so you don’t miss it.
- In most airport buildings, you will only see some restaurants and gift shops, but if you know where to look you can find some interesting places to spend your free time.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Netherlands)This large European airport is one of the most comfortable ones you will find.
- Dubai International Airport (UAE)Dubai is well known for luxury and grand skyscrapers that pass through the clouds, and if you are lucky enough to get stuck at this airport, you can have a good time riding camels or taking their dune buggies out for a spin.
- This airport is also the ideal shopping centre for any shopaholic with some cash to burn, as you will mainly find expensive jewellery and clothing stores.
- Vancouver International Airport (Canada)Located in the heart of British Columbia, this place is perfect for aquarium and fish lovers.