Sumary of The Inside Scoop On Seeing The Arctic Polar Bears In Churchill, Canada:
- A polar bear with her cubs in Hudson Bay, Canada getty When most people think of bucket list trips, going to the Arctic to see polar bears often tops the charts.
- And with so much talk about global warming and the future of polar bears, it’s no wonder that these trips are more popular than ever.
- And while many people want to see the polar bears, they have a lot of questions: when is polar bear season, how cold does it get, how close will you get to the bears, is it dangerous and where exactly is the best place to go?
- If you’re looking for polar bears, head to Canada, where 60% of the world’s population lives.
- Travel Manitoba Churchill, Canada is known as the polar bear capital of the world and for good reason.
- Canada has 60% of the world’s polar bears (there are between 25,000-30,000 in the world) and Churchill is the southernmost place to see them and the most accessible.