Sumary of Top 5 day hikes in the Columbia Valley, Canada:
- With literally hundreds of impressive hikes all throughout BC’s Columbia Valley – and the adjoining mountain ranges – it can be difficult to zone in the on the right one, for the right person, on the right day.
- Many of the spectacular alpine vistas that are used for marketing the region require at least one long, strenuous day of hiking, and in some cases – multiple days.
- 1. Silver Basin, Bugaboo Provincial Park This has my vote for being the more rewarding day hike in the region.
- Located inside the world famous Bugaboo Provincial Park, the trail head takes approximately two hours in a high clearance vehicle to reach from the local communities of Radium and Invermere.
- Following active logging and fire service roads, these dirt and gravel paths snake their way deep into the heart of the Purcell Mountain Range, offering dramatic scenery the entire way.
- The hiking trial starts by zig zagging through a clear cut before delivering you to a high alpine meadow, covered in wildflowers and bubbling brooks.