Sumary of Travel news – live: Green list update announced as new countries also added to red list:
- The latest changes to the traffic light lists for international travel to the UK have been announced by the Department for Transport.
- Follow below for the latest travel updates: Key pointsShow latest update 1629999610Tourist favourites Spain, Greece and Italy remain on amber listMost of Europe’s tourism big hitters failed to go green in the government’s latest update of its traffic light system for international travel.
- Mainland Spain, Greece and Italy have all remained on the amber list in the latest reshuffle.
- Travellers from these destinations will not have to quarantine regardless of whether they are fully vaccinated, but will still need to take pre-departure and day 2 tests, as well as complete a passenger locator form.
- Kate Ng26 August 2021 17:541629996310‘International travel remains challengingScotland’s cabinet secretary for Net Zero, Energy and Transport, Michael Matheson, said: “The latest changes are welcome for Scots with loved ones in Canada but once again show that international travel remains challenging.
- ”Kate Ng26 August 2021 17:451629995701Thailand and Montenegro move to Scottish government’s red listIn the Scottish government’s latest international travel update, Thailand and Montenegro will move from the amber list to red.