Sumary of Why Alberta is the ultimate winter holiday for off-the-beaten-track adventure:
- Alberta is famous for its pristine wilderness and postcard-perfect scenes of the snow-capped Rocky Mountains towering over glassy lakes.
- It’s famously a summer destination for tourists and landscape photographers alike, but what Instagram doesn’t really tell you is that it can be difficult to get around in peak season, with some of the most iconic viewpoints – like Lake Louise – causing lengthy traffic jams and a fight for parking spaces.
- The region becomes an empty playground for adventure lovers when the temperature drops, offering adrenaline-thrilled winter sports and the spectacular frozen views.
- Highlights include craft beer taproom Situation Brewing (situationbeer.
- Rockaboo Mountain Adventures offer day-trips (£129.75 per person for six hours;
- I spend another memorable day trip on an Ice Bubbles Tour with Pursuit Adventures (£72.11 per person;