Sumary of These people moved to their dream destinations during the pandemic — here’s what life is like 1 year later:
- Peter Despotopoulos Marketing director, MoroIn New York, I rented a one-bedroom apartment on the top floor of a new luxury 60-unit building in the Long Island City/Astoria area.
- I now rent a two-bedroom apartment in a six-unit modern building in an affluent part of Athens called Voula — an area known as the “Athens Riviera.
- I work remotely as the marketing director for a U.S. home furnishings website called Moro.
- I go away to beautiful Mediterranean islands on the weekends that are only a 30-minute flight or two- to three-hour ferry ride away.
- From south England to Costa Rica and MexicoName: Alister GrayOccupation: Executive coach and founder of Mindful TalentIn October 2020, my wife and I made a quick decision to leave the U.K. with our 5-year-old daughter Rumi and travel whilst the craziness of the world sorted itself out.
- A stint in Bali gave Alister Gray the confidence to run his executive coaching business from Costa Rica and Mexico.