Sumary of This Is The Charming Spanish Beach Town You’ve Probably Never Heard Of:
- With fine, golden sandy beaches, an average of 310 sunny days per year, a mix of modernist and colonial architecture and an array of superb restaurants, Sitges is an ideal summer destination.
- Just 30 minutes from Barcelona, Sitges is the perfect vacation destination.
- getty Sitges: A brief history The name Sitges comes from the Catalan word “sitja”, which is an underground storage space for grain.
- The town was constructed in the 11th century, built around Sitges Castle.
- Born in Sitges in 1814, he moved to Cuba where he started distilling Bacardi rum.
- Unlike the gravelly waterfront in nearby Barcelona, the warm powder sand on Sitges’ golden beaches feels almost like flour between your toes.