Sumary of Club Med Leads The Way With Eco-Friendly Practices:
- Debbi Kickham The project is being deployed across all nine of Club Med North American/Caribbean resorts, including:.
- Recently, the company shared news of its new eco-chic resort concept in the Dominican Republic (Club Med Miches Playa Esmeralda), the removal of plastic straws from its resorts, and its “Bye-Bye Plastic”.
- Approximately 75 percent of the company resorts are certified under Green Globe for maintaining high standards for sustainable tourism with the goal of increasing that number to 100 percent..
- The company also enacts an eco-friendly approach to the construction of its resorts and works to help the surrounding local communities through various initiatives..
- Club Med’s newest Exclusive Collection resort, Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda, acts as the catalyst for Club Med’s environment-friendly positioning..
- Devoting its design, activities and elements to the surrounding region, the resort pays homage to the Dominican Republic’s ecological essence so guests who visit the resort can understand the natural beauty that first attracted many locals to the destination..
- · Locally sourced coffee and cacao products in the resort’s Coffee House, in partnership with local farmers · Strict eco-friendly certifications from the best in the industry:…